Join us on our mission
The Great Bubble Barrier is a fast-growing Dutch social enterprise located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. To keep our rivers free from plastic we always need talented, motivated pioneers which can support us in our mission. Are you ready to put your strengths to work and take on one of the most pressing environmental issues of our time?
WORKING AT THE GREAT BUBBLE BARRIER
Who we are
Our drive comes from a deep love and respect for our oceans. We are sailors, surfers, divers. Whether it’s working on Research and Development of our Bubble Barrier technology, or finding creative ways to educate about plastic pollution and the need to stop it in rivers: we hire talent from all backgrounds to work together on that one mission. No worries if you aren’t a water sport enthusiast, we are dedicated to work on a diverse and inclusive team!
Inspired to work on a meaningful mission?
For all career opportunities and volunteer positions, visit our job openings.
Our career opportunities
Project Communication Manager
- 32 hours per week
- 7 months contract – possibility to extend
- Start date: March / April
- Fluent in English & Dutch
- Based in the Netherlands
- EU working permit
More information about this job:
Help us protect our oceans and rivers from plastic pollution by getting Bubble Barrier projects off the ground. As a Project Communication manager at The Great Bubble Barrier, you will be working closely with clients, the MarCom team, and the project team to oversee and manage all communication and stakeholders’ activities for projects.
Why we exist
Plastic pollution is a worldwide problem. Even with an advanced waste infrastructure, canals and rivers still show a significant pollution with plastic. That’s why we created The Great Bubble Barrier.
Our mission is to stop plastic pollution in rivers and canals before it reaches our oceans… with bubbles! By recovering plastic debris early on, we minimise its negative impact on the environment.
Joining The Great Bubble aBrrier means you’ll be joining our fight for cleaner oceans.
What will you do
As a Project Communication manager at The Great Bubble Barrier, you will be in charge of managing stakeholders, the communication and launch events of new Bubble Barriers that are being implemented. You will support the project manager managing expectations, preparing the agendas of stakeholder meetings and follow-up, craft a communication plan and lead its execution in close coordination with the MarCom and project team as well as the clients. You will be responsible for liaising with all stakeholders and executing on time and within budget. You will receive the support of the MarCom Director and project manager to achieve this.
- Organising Launch Event
- Planning and organising the openings of new Bubble Barriers in coordination with clients and project team
- Ensuring all tasks are executed on time
- Managing budgets
- Stakeholders Management
- Holding & preparing meetings with main stakeholders and follow up
- Guiding them through the process and dealing with requests
- Engaging with Project Lead & MarCom Director
- Proactively support the Project manager in managing the project and reporting to the client.
- Communication & PR
- Crafting communication plan for the opening of a new Bubble Barrier
- Briefing & directing video crew
- Writing Press Release and managing press, press days and interviews (national and international)
Skills & requirements
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communication (MBO or HBO)
- +3/5yearsprofessional experience in organising events and dealing with various stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch (business level)
- Structured and organised mindset
- A team player who can take ownership of projects and tasks, strives for improvement, while collaborating and liaising with the rest of the team to manage interdependencies
- You enjoy working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently
- Maintains personal effectiveness and people focus under pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty
- An intrinsic motivation to solve plastic pollution!
What we offer
We are a young and fast-growing start-up dedicated to improving our rivers and oceans’ health. You’ll be joining us in our mission, working in a fun environment with a team of passionate and talented people.
- Salary indication for this position is €2800 – 3500 gross (40 hours a week), + holiday allowance of 8%. The lower end of the range goes to those with less experience, the upper range goes to candidates with proven experience in this role.
- Free lunch, social drinks & team events
- Travel cost compensation (public transport)
- 20 holidays + 5 company closing days (based on 40h/week)
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work hours / working remotely possible
- Room for your ideas/creativity
The Great Bubble Barrier is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be based on applicant’s merits and abilities.
How to apply
Would this volunteer position suit you? Send us your resume and cover letter (in English) to email@example.com
Visit our website for more information on The Great Bubble Barrier or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t find your dream job on this page, or there are no open vacancies?
Keep an eye on our social media!
Meet the team
Chief Operating Officer
Anne Marieke Eveleens
Chief Business Development Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Chief Marketing & Communication Officer
Marin van Wetering
Judith de Waard
PR & Communication Manager
Ana Junqueira Pessoa
Louis le Duc
Research and Development Engineer
Project Manager Advisor
Sales & Business Development Advisor
Research & Copywriting Support
Simone in 't Veld