Working at The Great Bubble Barrier
The Great Bubble Barrier is a young and fast-growing Dutch startup located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are proud of our growth, mentality and the impact which we can reach. To keep our river free of plastic we always need talented, motivated pioneers which can support us in our mission to change the world with our own hands. Do you already start to sparkle? Look below whether we have job opportunities for you or send an open application through our contact form. If you are looking for volunteering options, please have a look on our volunteering page.
PR & Communication Assistant – (Internship)
- 40 hours per week – 4 to 6 months
- Start date: ASAP
- EU working permit
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Based in The Netherlands
- Suitable for thesis – depending on topic
More information about this job:
Help us protect our oceans and rivers from plastic pollution by supporting our PR & Communication activities. As a PR & Communication assistant at The Great Bubble Barrier, you will work on organising interviews & video shoots with top tier media (e.g. CNN, The Guardian, World Economic Forum) as well as creating engaging and inspiring content.
Why we exist
Plastic pollution is a worldwide problem. Even with an advanced waste infrastructure, canals and rivers still show a significant pollution with plastic. That’s why we created The Great Bubble Barrier.
Our mission is to stop plastic pollution in rivers and canals before it reaches our oceans… with bubbles! By recovering plastic debris early on, we minimise its negative impact on the environment.
Joining The Great Bubble Barrier means you’ll be joining our fight for cleaner oceans.
What will you do
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join our Marketing & Communication team. Someone who is excited to work on telling our story to the world, raise awareness on plastic pollution and bring new ideas to the table. In this role you will work closely with the Marketing Director and our PR & Communication coordinator as well as our designer & web developer.
- Public Relation
- Answer press & media requests
- Schedule and organise interviews with our founders
- Organise video shoots with media
- Content Creation
- Creating content for our social media following our content strategy
- Engage with our community and answer comments & questions they may have
- Exploring digital & social media trends
- Contact & Event Management:
- First point of contact for interested parties reaching out to us
- Supporting event preparation & communication materials
Skills & requirements
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or HBO in Marketing, Communication, New media studies or related education
- Theoretical knowledge of copywriting, content creation & social media
- Excellent writing skills in both Dutch and English
- Engaging person, entrepreneurial and creative
- Fast and eager to learn with a high motivation
- Affinity with ocean health, sustainability and/or preventing plastic pollution
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- WordPress management is a plus
What we offer
We are a young and fast-growing start-up dedicated to improving our rivers and oceans’ health. You’ll be joining us in our mission, working in a fun environment with a team of passionate and talented people.
- Free lunch & social drinks on our rooftop terrace
- 10 holidays (based on 40h/week)
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work hours / working remotely possible
- Room for your ideas/creativity
- Personal Development: You will be guided through your internship by the Marketing & Communication director and the team, draw up a personal development plan and work towards achieving your professional goals.
- Salary indication: 375 euros gross
The Great Bubble Barrier is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity, regardless of sex, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be based on applicant’s merits and abilities.
How to apply
Would this volunteer position suit you? Send us your resume and cover letter (in English) to email@example.com
Visit our website for more information on The Great Bubble Barrier or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org