Working at The Great Bubble Barrier
The Great Bubble Barrier is a young and fast-growing Dutch startup located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are proud of our growth, mentality and the impact which we can reach. To keep our river free of plastic we always need talented, motivated pioneers which can support us in our mission to change the world with our own hands. Do you already start to sparkle? Look below whether we have job opportunities for you or send an open application via our
PR & Communication Coordinator
- 40 hour per week
- Start date: as soon as possible
EU working permit – No visa sponsor
The Great Bubble Barrier is seeking a PR & Communication Superstar to lead its press requests, launch events and social media activities! If you are a self-motivated and creative individual looking to make an impact, we look forward to speaking with you!
More information about this job:
Why we exist
Plastic pollution is a worldwide problem. Even with an advanced waste infrastructure, canals and rivers still show a significant pollution with plastic. That’s why we created The Great Bubble Barrier.
Our mission is to stop plastic pollution in rivers and canals before it reaches our oceans… with bubbles! By recovering plastic debris early on, we minimise its negative impact on the environment.
Joining The Great Bubble Barrier means you’ll be joining our fight for cleaner oceans.
What will you do
As a PR & Communication coordinator, you are in charge to build the reputation of our organisation through press releases, events and social media:
1. Oversee and manage PR requests – spread the word of our incredible mission
- Manage press & media requests
- Coordinate press events
- Create & write press messages
- Coordinate interviews with our directors
- Coverage reports & recaps
2. Manage our social media channels – show the world the real issue and what we do!
- Content creation
- Community management
- Create & published our newsletter
3. Coordinate launch events – make us shine!
Plan and coordinate launch events of a Bubble Barrier with all different parties incl. press & clients
4. Website input & ensuring brand guidelines are followed through
Working closely with the Marketing & Communications director, you will also help craft our PR & Communications strategy. More bubbles – less plastic!
Skills & requirements
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business, Marketing or Communication
- Professional or volunteering experience in a similar role
- Outstanding writing and storytelling skills, able to draft compelling messaging for use in press releases and social media in both English and Dutch
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch
- Structured and organised mindset but flexible and responsive enough
- Proficiency with Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop
- A team player who can take ownership of projects and tasks, while collaborating and liaising with the rest of the team to manage interdependencies
- An intrinsic motivation to solve plastic pollution!
What we offer
We are a young and fast-growing start-up dedicated to improve our rivers and oceans’ health!
You’ll be joining us in our mission working in a fun environment with a team of passionate people. Flexible work hours, laptop, 25 days off, room for innovative thinking, employee discounts, free lunch and social drinks on our rooftop (when life goes back!).
Salary indication: 2350 euros gross.
As a social enterprise, our profits are directly invested back into our mission and the salary offered may not reflect those of commercial entity.
How to apply
Sounds like you? Send us your resume and cover letter (in English) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell us why you want to join The Great Bubble Barrier and feel free to share examples of press releases and/or social media content (Dutch or English) that you have done in the past!
Visit our website for more information on The Great Bubble Barrier or get in touch at email@example.com
Do you already dream of working with bubbles? But can you not find your job on this page or are there no vacancies? Keep an eye on our social media!